POWER - SMOOTHNESS - ENGINE LONGEVITY
The URD 7th Injector Kit Kit for the Toyota 3.4 V6 equipped with the TRD Supercharger:
- Increase Torque
- Increase Horsepower
- Eliminate High RPM Lean Out
- Eliminate High Gear / Low RPM Ping
- Provides the needed part throttle boost enrichment
We are often asked why we offer two different fuel kits for the TRD Supercharge for the 5VZ. Our original product when we started URD was the Fuel Upgrade Kit that replaces all 6 injectors with larger ones. That is a great kit, but we found that using a simpler approach and using a single additional injector works better. The 7th injector kit has better altitude compensation, it is easier to install, and the pre-loaded start up program is good for 99% of the trucks out there and almost never needs any additional tuning by the end user.
Some other benifits come from shooting the fuel through the supercharger. The Eaton 3 lob rotor used by TRD is not the most efficent available. The fuel going through the rotor housing helps provides a better seal between the rotors and the housing and reducing the back flow problem with the 3 lob rotor design and reduces the heating of the compressed air by reducing the backflow. The fuel also removes some existing heat from evaporation of the fuel in the heated compressed air. This can increase effective boost and cool the compressed air resulting in increased performance. This feature is very benificial when running higher boost pulleys like the URD SuperGrip Supercharger Pulleys.
URD recommends the URD 7th Injector kit for all 5VZ-FE applications that have the TRD Supercharger installed. The only vehicles that we recommend our original 6 injector fuel kit for are the older ones that are equiped with an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR). The reason for this is that we mount the 7th injecotr into the EGR port on the supercharger. If that port is occupied with an EGR valve the URD 7th Injector Kit will not fit.
URD's customers have long enjoyed benefits from URD's six injector Fuel Upgrade Kit including: increased horsepower & torque, smoothness, end user tunability, the elimination of high RPM lean out, and the elimination of high gear/low RPM ping. These benefits are present in URD's new kit too. Power gains are usually in the 30-40 hp range and sometimes higher depending on how lean your truck is currently running.
URD's 5VZ 7th Injector kit is fantastic for any truck running a higher boost pulley, or anyone who wants optimal truck performance.
Note: It is recommended that any EGR equipped trucks use URD's original Fuel Upgrade Kit.
The URD 7th Injector System is compatible with both the 1st Gen (gray) and the 2nd Gen (black) TRD 5vz Superchargers for the following vehicles:
- 3.4 liter Tacoma 1997-2004 (non EGR)
- 3.4 liter 4Runner 1996-2002
- 3.4 liter Tundra 2000-2003
- 3.4 liter T-100 97+
- URD Performance Calibration Unit - AIC/Timing Calibrator with built in part throttle boost enrichment module x1
- Heat shrink tubing for AIC/Calibrator Installation x6
- Assorted small and large wire ties
- Vehicle specific wiring connection guide for AIC/Timing Calibrator x1
- Restrictor T fitting and nylon vacuum line for AIC/Timing Calibrator x1
- Injector harness x1
- Additional injector preassembled in injector mount x1
- Gasket for injector mount x1
- Socket headed cap screws (M8x20mm stainless) x2
- Fuel line assembly with fuel line T fitting x1
- 190 LPH Fuel pump with install kit x1
- Fuel line clamps x2
- Two step cooler Denso Iridium Power spark plugs x6
- URD vinyl sticker x1
- Tuning software x1
When placing your order, please place your vehicle information in the comments box in the check out. We need to know what vehicle and year it is so we can include the correct vehicle specific installation guide.
Also please select which supercharger you have. The 1st Gen units were GRAY, and the current 2nd Gen units are BLACK. This info is needed because the fuel line is different for each supercharger.
Legal in California only for racing vehicles, which may never be used upon a highway.