URD made a large bulk purchase of the MAP-ECU3 systems. In this bulk purchase all that is being provided is the main unit and the 18 way and 16 way harnesses. Operating manuals, connection guides, and the MapCAL software can be downloaded from the www.MAPECU.com website.
The MAP-ECU 3 replaces the MAP-ECU 2 and is a major functional upgrade over the MAP-ECU with the following features:
1. USB Interface which also powers the MAP-ECU3 for out of vehicle configuration.
2. Optional WiFi interface to be released shortly after the MAP-ECU3 is released.
3. Built-in +42 PSI MAP Sensor.
4. Additional general purpose Analog Input and Output for FCD, etc.
5. Fully configurable Inputs and Outputs, including TPS and O2 inputs.
6. Advanced Launch Control with Speed Input and Timing Retard.
7. Advanced NOSTM activation with RPM, Throttle, Boost and Speed parameters.
8. Real-time multi-zone tuning.
9. Sixteen (16) operational modes including: MAF Elimination, MAF Intercept, TPS load, and more.
10. Full Timing advance and retard control of up to eight (8) channels for Distributor, Group Fire or Coil On Plug configurations using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
11. Auxiliary Injector control using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
12. OEM O2 & AFR Sensor Adjust 26 x 19 (494 zone) table allowing control over Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-loop mode.
13. 10,000 RPM scale.
14. Two (2) complete sets of Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector, O2 Adjust and EBC tables selectable using a dashboard mounted switch.
15. Electronic Boost Control with 1000 RPM target boost points. External and Internal Wastegate support including Fast Spool mode for Internal Wastegates.
16. 2 x Fuel Cut Defeat (FCD) with over boost safety release.
17. Combined Speed Cut Defeat (SCD) and Speed Adjust.
18. Lean Boost Retard safety function
19. External MAP Sensor option
20. User select-able pressure scales
The MAP-ECU3 kit includes: MAP-ECU3, Main 16-Way harness, 18-Way Timing Harness, PC CDROM software, 2 meter USB cable, Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor and manual in PDF format. The MAP-ECU3 works on Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Proton, Subaru, Toyota, VW and most other late model fuel injected vehicles using most major types of air metering systems (Hotwire, Flap, and Karman-Vortex) found in use today. It can be installed on any 1-10 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter. ‘No special fitting kits or special adapters are required. See the latest wiring diagrams under Support on our website: www.mapecu.com.
The benefits include:
1. More horsepower and torque by removal of the restrictive factory air meter and control over timing.
2. Ideal for NA to forced induction conversions.
3. The ability to use the stock ECM to control larger fuel injectors and/or performance upgrades.
4. Alter OEM Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-Loop mode, for improved gas mileage or power.
5. Retains the daily driveability of the stock ECM which is usually sacrificed with a full aftermarket engine management upgrade.
6. Real-time tuning using WindowsTM based MAP-CAL3 software supplied with the unit.
7. High-resolution 494 point Fuel table (0-10,000 RPM and -10 to +42 PSI) allows fine tuning for performance and driveability.
8. Ability to run different fuels or performance levels using two (2) completely independent Fuel, Timing, O2 Adjust, Auxiliary Injector and Boost Control tables switchable on-the-fly.
9. Built-in display and logging of key engine parameters such as RPM, Throttle Position, Boost Pressure, Airflow, Timing Adjust, Auxiliary Injector Duty, Boost Control Duty.
10. On-board support for display and logging of popular aftermarket wideband Lambda sensors/controllers.
11. On-board programmable NOS window activation switch can also be used to turn on other accessories at set RPM/PSI points.
12. Faster and stronger boost with the on-board programmable Electronic Boost Control (EBC) using solenoid control of the wastegate.
13. Fast and repeatable launches using the on-board programmable Launch Control with Speed input and Ignition Retard.
14. Removal of factory Fuel and Speed Cuts using the on-board programmable Fuel Cut Defeat and Speed Cut Defeat.
15. Compensate for wheel size or gearing changes with the on-board programmable Speed Adjust.
16. Drive a Shift Light or alter VTECTM point with the on-board programmable RPM Switch.
17. Single unit can be used for Naturally Aspirated or forced induction applications with user selectable pressure scale configuration.
18. Simple upgrade from MAP-ECU using the same 16-Way harness and ability to import and convert V2.1 and V2.2 Fuel tables.
19. Simple piggy-back installation only requires 7 wires to operate with no major re-wiring of OEM components.
|Manifold Absolute Pressure Electronic Control Unit 3
The MAP-ECU3 replaces voltage and frequency based air flow meters with Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) based load sensing (Speed Density). Voltage types include the spring door ‘flap’ types and hot wire types used by numerous manufactures. Frequency based units are commonly known as Karman Vortex Frequency air flow meter as used by MitsubishiTM or DSM vehicles and some other manufacturers.
This MAP-ECU3 combines the functionality of other manufacturers Air Flow Converters and Vane to Pressure Converters into the one unit, plus more. It is supplied with a blank table for professional engine tuners who have the experience to customise the configuration. Many base tables are available for popular vehicles. The MAP-ECU3 tables are programmed using a 2D Table Mode or the 3D Graph Mode. Both views allow real-time editing of the MAP-ECU3 Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector and O2 Adjust configuration.
The MAP-ECU3 combines the functionality of the MAP-ECU with full Timing control, OEM Air/Fuel Ratio Adjust, Auxiliary Injector control and Electronic Boost Control. It also has many on-board functions that usually require the purchase of secondary piggyback controllers such as:
The MAP-ECU3 is connected to an Industry Standard PC running Microsoft(tm) Windows2000TM, WindowsXPTM or Windows7TM via USB which can also power the unit for out of vehicle configuration. Configuration and monitoring is accomplished using our proprietary graphical user interface. The graphical user interface allows real-time configuration and monitoring of the MAP-ECU, even while running the vehicle on a Dyno, etc.