URD is proud to announce our new Spec-U True Equal Length Long Tube Header for the 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 engine.
URD has been working on this new \”better header\” for a long time to get things just right. We have tested different tube lengths in an effort to maximize the low end torque production without sacrificing the upper end power gains. The equal length design also improves the sound or tone of the exhaust.
The header is designed to be compatible with the stock Y pipe, or any of the current aftermarket Y pipes.
The header is MADE IN USA and is constructed of 304 grade stainless steel mandrel bent tubing that is 1 5/8\” diameter with CNC milled mild steel flanges all hand TIG welded. The headers are ceramic coated inside and out with a very high quality ceramic coating.
Due to the equal length design installation is slightly more involved than the other long tube header options. Installation requires disconnecting the steering shaft to allow the new header to be fitted to the engine. This is a simple process and is accomplished by removing the pinch bolt(s) in the shaft coupler and sliding it up enough to disengage it from the lower portion and then reattached once the header is bolted to the engine.
The long tube design does remove the front catalytic converter which restricts the use of the header to off road/racing use only.
- Made in USA
- Mandrel bent tubing
- 304 grade stainless tubing
- Length adjusted for MAXIMUM low end torque
- True EQUAL LENGTH design for MAXIMUM power
- True EQUAL LENGTH design for best exhaust sound
- High quality ceramic coating
- 1 5/8\” primary tube size
- Ships with URD collector gaskets and collector hardware
- 2005-2011 Tacoma V6
- 2003-2012 4Runner V6
- 2007-2012 FJ Cruiser
- 2003-2009 Land Cruiser Prado GRJ120 LHD V6
Will fit RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLES
Not compatible with:
- Total Chaos part number 59651 WELD-ON UPPER COIL BUCKET TOWER GUSSETS
- Will not fit the Tundra with the 4.0L V6 due to the different collector flange design
- Will not fit trucks with air injection (2012+ Tacoma V6, 2013+ 4Runner, FJ Cruiser)
The development vehicle was a 2012 Tacoma XRunner complete stock except for the URD Spec-U headers and used a DynoJet 224xLC dyno.
Peak gain was 17 RWHP and 30 RWTQ
Max Gain was 22 RWHP at 3500 RPM and 34 RWTQ at 3430 RPM.
The most important thing to note is the Spec-U headers makes power throughout the ENTIRE RPM range. NO LOSS IN LOW END TORQUE.