URD made a lightweight crankshaft pulley for a desert race team truck powered by a supercharged 5VZ-FE. They wanted to squeeze out every last bit of acceleration horsepower from their race engine.
The stock crankshaft pulley on this engine weighs ten (10) pounds. Our end product weighs just 2 pounds 9 oz. That means the stock pulley weighs 385% more than ours. There are a few Internet sources that claim for every pound reduced in rotational mass of the crankshaft assembly, you gain 2.7 acceleration horsepower.
- Aircraft 6061 T-6 billet aluminum
- CNC machined to .001\” tolerances
- Bolt holes designed for OEM crankshaft tools
- MILSPEC grade hard anodized
- Over 8lb weight reduction frees acceleration horsepower and torque
- Snappier throttle response
- Stock belt drive diameters
If you want the last bit of power out of your 5vz, then this pulley may be for you!